Stainless steel screw definition refers to the self-tapping screw that does not need to be used with the nut. The thread is self-tapping and the tip of the tail. The triangular teeth self-extruding screw, when screwed into the hole in the plastic metal material, forms an internal thread in the hole by pressing and forms a reliable locking threaded connection.
Self-tapping screws generally mean that the thread is self-tapping, so that it is self-tapping and does not need to be used with a nut. There are many types of screw heads, including the outer hexagon head, the pan head, the countersunk head, and the inner hexagon head. Umbrella head, with cushion head and so on. The tail is generally pointed. Make self-attack.
Self-tapping screws are also called self-tapping screws. The name is different, but the meaning is the same. It is all about self-attack. The main function of the self-tapping screws is that they do not need to be used with the nuts. In terms of cost, a large number of them are saved. There is no need to cost the nut.
Main features Although there are many types of stainless steel screws, they all have the following main features:
(1) It is generally made of carburized steel (99% of the total product). It can also be made of stainless steel or non-ferrous metals.
(2) The product must be heat treated. Carbon steel self-tapping screws must be carburized, and stainless steel screws must be solid solution hardened. In order to achieve the mechanical properties and performance of the self-tapping screws to meet the standard requirements.
(3) The product has high surface hardness and good core toughness. That is, "inner soft outside just." This is a major feature of stainless steel screw performance requirements. If the surface hardness is low, it will not be screwed into the base; if the core has poor toughness, it cannot be used if it is broken. Therefore, "inner soft outer" is the requirement that the self-tapping screws meet the performance requirements.
(4) The surface of the product needs surface protection treatment, generally electroplating treatment. Some products require phosphate treatment (phosphating). Such as: wall panel self-tapping screws are mostly phosphating.
(5) Production by cold heading process. High-speed cold heading machines and high-speed wire rolling machines or high-speed planetary rolling machines are recommended to ensure product quality. The head of the self-tapping screw thus produced is formed and the thread quality is high